- You will need to set the email parameters in System Setup > Housekeeping > System Definitions – Email tab.
- There are two email addresses available on the employee record:
a) A word address that should be entered via HR Record > Personal Details.
b) A personal address that should be entered via HR Record > Address Book.
- By default, the payslips will be emailed to the employee’s work address.
- If Use Personal Email Address is ticked in System Setup > Housekeeping > System Definitions – Controls tab, then the employee’s personal email address will be used if the employee’s word email address is blank.
- It is recommended that two HR Queries are written:
1. To identify those employees who are to have emailed payslips.
2. To identify those employees to receive paper payslips. (Note: Unless all employees are to receive emailed payslips).
Paper Payslip Production
Run the payslips as per usual, with the following exception:
- Page 2 of the wizard, select the HR Query which define those employees to receive a paper payslip.
Email Payslip Production
Run the payslips as per usual, with the following exceptions:
- Page 2 of the wizard, select the HR Query which define those employees to receive an email payslip.
- Page 7 of the wizard:
a) Tick Create Individual PDF’s.
b) Select a Location for the individual emails to be created and define a Name. A suggestion is that you include the value <emp_id> in the name in order to identify the file easily, e.g. c:\tmp\<emp_id>.pdf.
c) Enter the name and location of the crystal report file that you use for printing your payslips.
- Page 8 of the wizard, enter the details you wish to see in the subject and body of the emails.
- This will then create one file per employee in the defined directory and use the employer’s email details to send them the payslip.