The process is adding fields to HR Record, such as Employment History.
Defining the fields
The extra fields are defined through User Defined Data in System Setup > Housekeeping.
Then use the following procedure:
- Click New.
- Select either the Personnel or Payroll module. This affects the entities that are available for selection.
- Select the required entity, to which you wish to add a user defined field.
- Enter a Description for the group.
- Enter whether you wish to have the items on a Solitary screen, or a Questionnaire type screen.
– Solitary will present the fields on individual screens.
– Questionnaire will present up to ten fields on a single screen.
- Click OK to store details.
- This will add the details to the main body.
- Highlight the required line from the main body.
- Click the Items tab.
- Click New.
- Enter the details to define each item to be displayed.
- Field Name – a code used by the system to define the field.
- Type – defines the format of the field from a predefined list.
- Default Value – to assign a value to the field if none entered.
- Description – the heading against which this field will display.
- Control – defines whether entry of this piece of data is Mandatory, Optional or Warn.
- Field Length – defines the maximum length of the field.
- Cross Reference – if the data is to be validated against a system code table – only available if Type is set to Cross Reference.
- Or – if the data is to be validated against a user created code table – only available if Type is set to Cross Reference.
- Click OK and the field is added to the main body.
- Points 12. – 19. can be repeated to add new fields.
- Once all fields have been entered, click OK.
Using User Defined Fields
When in any screen to which a user defined field has been added, if the Custom Check Box is ticked, then when a data line is highlighted, the user defined fields will be shown and available for amendment.
These user defined fields will be available for interrogation within HR Queries.