To set up the link to Microsoft Dynamics GP, you must set up the following parameters.
Connection Manager, also known as Environment Manager, jsconnection.exe, is in the following folder:
The Dynamics GP tab in the Environment Manager window must contain the details of the server where the Dynamics GP database is held. You must enter the login details (User and Password) for the database (these are not the login details for Microsoft Dynamics GP). Click Test to check the connection is set up correctly.
In the software, you must set the following parameters.
You must set the following system parameter for Dynamics GP.
- Click System Setup > Housekeeping > System Definitions. The HR Application – Features window is displayed.
- In Financial Application, type GP.
- Click OK to save the change.
Payroll transfer templates
You must create a transfer template for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
To set up the transfer template:
- Click Payroll > Module Setup > Transfer Template. The Transfer Template window is displayed, which lists the existing transfer templates.
- Click New to create a transfer template. The Transfer Template window is displayed.
- Enter the data in the required fields and click Save to save the transfer template details. Refer to the table below for the details you must enter for the transfer template.
|Field||What you enter|
|Description||Great Plains Interface|
|Filename||Leave this field blank.|
|Invoke||Leave this field blank.|
This template ensures the data prepared by the software’s payroll system is in the correct format to be received by Dynamics GP.
For each template required to post details to Dynamics GP, set the following field in the template:
- Click Payroll > Module Setup > Template. The Template window is displayed.
- Select the template, and click Edit to edit the details for the template. The Template window is displayed.
- On the Features tab, in Transfer Template, select the transfer template you set up for Dynamics GP.
- Click Save to save the change.
- Click Close to close the Template window.