The Web Server is a generic term used to describe the functional need for a web server or set of web servers. The supported Web server is Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
Portal technologies provide a web deployment that provides personal, relevant and pertinent information to the user community. The portal technology is concerned with delivering an intranet/extranet-based framework that:
- Integrates applications into a single manageable point of access.
- Builds in and customises business processes.
- Provides up-to-the-minute business intelligence by being a viewpoint of the enterprise from one place.
- Provides personalised views over data that is pertinent to the user.
- Summarises data to allow users to focus on the important/relevant tasks.
- Management of the portal can be achieved by non-technical personnel.
The software HR Portal supports the following versions of SharePoint:
SharePoint 2013 (Foundation, Standard or Enterprise): Hardware and Software Requirements
SharePoint 2010 (Foundation, Standard or Enterprise): Hardware and Software Requirements
SharePoint 2007 or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Hardware and Software Requirements